How to Make The Best High Protein Chili Under 300 Calories (+ Collagen!)
Written by: Liz Brown - Oct. 11, 2018
Nothing pairs with a crisp autumn day quite like a bowl of chili—I mean, aside from the use of chili peppers, why else would they call it chili unless it was meant to keep you warm, right? ⛄️ Regardless of how cozy and comforting chili can be this time of year it’s always been a bit of an “eyebrow raise” to determine the number of calories and macros in a serving because all of your carbs, fats, and proteins are mixed together.🤔 If you’re trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply get in better shape, then being aware of how much you’re eating is crucial to your success—which we all know can feel impossible with chili. A high protein chili recipe can help you avoid overeating, keep you feeling fuller for longer, and give you all the fall feels that you’re craving (without all the extra carbs)!
Clean Eating Chili For Weight Loss
Clean eating is a common dieting method that prioritizes the consumption of whole foods in their most natural state. This type of eating style creates more realistic and sustainable nutritional habits that make losing weight a lot more manageable over a long period of time. Tracking your “macros” (macronutrients) such as carbs, fats, and proteins have been shown to increase your chances of successfully losing weight and seeing sustainable results. This clean eating chili recipe is macro-friendly and is also super simple to make!
What’s In High Protein Chili?
I’ve broken down the macros for this high protein chili based on a serving size of 1 cup and the recipe yields about 8-10 servings. In terms of protein, you can expect about 22g for each serving thanks to SkinnyFit Super Youth!
SkinnyFit Super Youth is a collagen peptide powder that helps reverse the signs of aging by minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, cellulite, and stretch marks! Additionally, its great for your bones and joints, helps you grow stronger, healthier hair and nails, and even promotes faster weight loss. Super Youth is odorless and flavorless and can be easily added to any of your favorite foods, which is why it was a no-brainer for us to add it to this recipe!
High Protein Chili Recipe Under 300 Calories!
- 1-1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 scoops Super Youth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 2 large bell peppers, cored and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (30 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (30 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado (optional topping)
- Cilantro (optional topping)
- In a medium saucepan, brown ground turkey at medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic in oil at medium-high heat until vegetables are soft and tender stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Stir beans, corn, tomatoes, sauce, cumin, chili powder, Super Youth, and browned turkey into sweet potato mixture. Stir over medium-high heat until chili is heated through and the sweet potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season chili with salt and pepper and serve warm.
- Optional: Top with cilantro, and sliced avocado