How To Make A London Fog Tea Latte To Relieve Stress (With Almond Milk & Lavender!)
Written by: Liz Brown - Nov. 13, 2018
A London Fog tea latte is the absolute perfect drink to keep you warm on a cold, rainy, wintery day—and with a name like London Fog, how can you go wrong? A staple of the Pacific Northwest, the traditional London Fog latte is a combination of Earl Gray tea, vanilla syrup, and steamed milk.
Because we are always looking for fun, new ways to experiment with classic recipes, we’ve turned this traditional London Fog tea latte into a comforting concoction that combines the robust and citrusy flavors of Earl Gray tea and soothing vanilla with the relaxing and stress-relieving powers of lavender and chamomile. This is how to make a London Fog latte, with a twist!
How To Make A London Fog Tea Latte With A Twist
When it comes to sprucing up a traditional recipe it’s important not to eliminate the hero ingredients, like the Earl Gray tea and vanilla in this recipe, but to add new ingredients that compliment the already existing flavors. Lavender and almond milk are great options to add more dimension without changing the drink too much.
SkinnyFit ZzzTox is a caffeine-free blend that contains subtly flavored teas like chamomile, lavender, cornflower, vanilla, rooibos, and more. Because Earl Gray tea has about 40 mg of caffeine, adding a caffeine-free tea, like ZzzTox, will prevent you from getting the jitters… oh, and it will prevent bloating! Tea lattes can sometimes make you feel bloated because it’s mixed with milk but we opted out of using regular cows milk and used almond milk instead. The combination of the almond milk and ZzzTox will prevent stress-induced weight gain, calm bloating, and helps you release toxins.
To learn how to make a London Fog tea latte with a twist make sure to use SkinnyFit ZzzTox! Click here to order your 28-day supply!
Almond Milk London Fog Tea Latte With Lavender
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 SkinnyFit ZzzTox tea bags
- 1 Earl Gray tea bag
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp honey (or to taste)
- Place ¼ cup very warm almond milk into a large mug. Place one of the ZzzTox teabags into the mug and let steep. Add sweetener if you like a sweet latte. Set aside.
- Place remaining ¼ cup almond milk and ½ cup water into a small saucepan and let come to a simmer on the stove over medium heat. You may also place the mixture into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, or until hot. Turn heat off and add the second ZzzTox tea bag and the Earl Grey tea bag. Steep the tea for 5-7 minutes.
- While the Earl Gray tea is steeping with ZzzTox, use a milk frother to froth the almond milk and ZzzTox mixture until foamy and doubles in volume.
- Remove tea bags from the Early Gray mixture and sweeten with honey, to taste.
- Pour the ZzzTox and Earl Gray tea into the foamed milk and gently stir together. Makes one 12oz. serving.