How To Make The Best Healthy Protein Pancake Recipe Under 150 Calories
Written by: Liz Brown - Aug. 8, 2018
Being on a diet or living a healthy lifestyle does not and should not mean you have to give up your favorite foods. By cutting out unhealthy foods altogether, or going “cold turkey” can sometimes lead to uncontrollable cravings and binge eating. A healthy, balanced diet is essential to seeing sustainable results— which is why healthier alternatives to your favorite foods can cut out hundreds of calories yet satisfy your cravings so you can stay on track! This healthy protein pancake recipe is a perfect option for anyone who is serious about reaching their goals but who also wants to live their best life 💁🏽.
The Best Protein Pancake Recipe!
This healthy protein pancake recipe creates five to eight normal sized pancakes (about 6-8 inches in diameter) and is less than 150 calories per pancake! As you already know these aren’t your regular, run-of-the-mill pancakes. This healthy protein pancake is actually loaded with collagen which not only boosts the amount of protein but provides loads of health and beauty benefits!
Collagen is known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smooths cellulite and stretch marks, and creates firmer, younger looking skin! We use SkinnyFit Super Youth to make these collagen pancakes because, compared to other collagen supplements on the market, Super Youth contains a blend of 5 types of hydrolyzed collagen peptides from 3 different sources. It is gluten-free, non-GMO, contains 7g of protein and is only 30 calories per serving!
Super Youth is a hydrolyzed collagen peptide and is quickly and easily absorbed into your system and because it is a flavorless, and odorless powder, you can mix it with any food or hot or cold beverage! To learn more about the incredible benefits of Super Youth, click here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 5 Reasons Why You Need Collagen For Skin Care!
Additionally, these collagen pancakes are full of fiber! Fiber helps you feel fuller for longer and can prevent snacking between meals. This promotes healthy digestion, increases your metabolism, and assists with weight loss.
If you’re curious about the macronutrient breakdown for these collagen pancakes, don’t worry, I got’chu 😉
Macros for 1 pancake:
If you haven’t tried Super Youth Collagen yet, CLICK HERE to join the hundreds of thousands of happy customers and make this healthy protein pancake recipe today! 🤗
5-8 pancakes about 6-8” in diameter
Healthy Protein Pancake Recipe (Under 150 Calories)
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour or oat flour
- 1-2 scoops of Super Youth Collagen Peptides (for a thicker, fluffier pancake, use 2 scoops)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Blueberries 🤤
- Mix flour, Super Youth Collagen, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix together. (For homemade oat or almond flour, simply place whole oats or almonds in a food processor and blend until it’s in a powder form!)
- Add in the egg, almond milk, and vanilla and stir until fully mixed.
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan with canola oil spray (or use a tsp of olive oil on a stainless steel pan) on medium heat until the pan is warm.
- Using a ½ measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the warm pan.
- Feel free to add any fruits or toppings onto the poured batter at this time (we used blueberries!)
- Once the batter starts to bubble toward the center of the pancake, use a flat spatula to flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- When both sides are a golden brown color, move to a plate and continue the process until all the batter is gone.
- Serve with warm pure maple syrup.