How To Make A Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home! (Under 90 Calories)
Written by: Liz Brown - Sep. 5, 2018
Calling all latte lovers! It’s that time of year again—pumpkin spice season! 🎃 The pumpkin spice latte, or PSL, is all the rage right now, and for good reason! The warm autumn flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice create a beautiful blend of sweet and spicy pumpkin-y coffee goodness that can send anyone into a fall frenzy! 😍
Unfortunately, this delicious drink doesn’t do wonders on the waistline— but fear not, I’ve discovered a solution! This skinny pumpkin spice latte recipe can be made easily at home and with a fraction of the calories!
Starbucks PSL: The Not-So-Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
Starbucks coffee is most notably known for popularizing the seasonal PSL and fans line up to get their pumpkin fix! However, something that continues to raise eyebrows and cause major concern is how unhealthy the pumpkin spice latte is. A “grande” size latte (16 oz.) contains a whopping 420 calories and over 50 grams of sugar! Additionally, it has over 52g of carbohydrates and over 18g of fat! Holy smokes! To make matters worse, the PSL is packed with unnatural ingredients that have less-than-ideal nutritional value (and what I really mean to say is that it is terrible for you). And rumor has it, they don’t even use real pumpkin! #nothanks ✋🏽
Our healthy pumpkin spice latte, on the other hand, is less than 90 calories, contains only 1g of fat, 9g of carbs, and only 7g of sugar! By switching to the skinny pumpkin spice latte version, you can actually save enough calories so you can eat more food throughout the day, #winning!
SkinnyFit PSL: Powered By Super Youth
Unlike the traditional PSL, the healthy pumpkin spice latte contains 8g of protein from SkinnyFit Super Youth! The added protein helps you feel fuller for longer and keeps you satisfied between meals, making your weight loss journey even easier. Super Youth is actually a blend of five different types of collagen peptides—and if you didn’t already know, collagen is uh-maze-ing for your skin, hair, and nails! So, seriously, what’s not to love about this skinny pumpkin spice latte recipe? The answer my friends is nothing! 🍂☕️
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Scoop Super Youth Collagen
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- Combine the almond milk, pumpkin, and a pinch of cinnamon in a small pot on medium heat. Heat until the pumpkin has mixed with the almond milk and the mixture is very warm (not boiling). You can also microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the mixture. You can also use a blender— just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- Pour coffee or espresso into a large mug and then pour the foamy milk mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!