How To Make a Healthy Sweet Peach Detox Tea (With Less Calories!)
Written by: melissa - Aug. 7, 2017
Nothing’s quite as refreshing as a glass of sweet tea, and we couldn’t resist making our detox version of our favorite southern peach tea!
We like our peach tea sweet, but not too sweet. So we use a fruity tea and natural peach nectar instead of syrup. We also add in more fresh slices of peach than usual to give this drink a boost of natural vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, you can snack on them after!
Peaches have so many health benefits, are low in calories (just about 68 calories!), and have no fat! They’re rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. This summertime staple definitely be a regular on your shopping list.
Waist-Slimming Sweet Peach Tea
- 1 can natural peach nectar (11.5 oz)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Peaches, pitted and sliced
- Mint leaves
- 5 servings of SkinnyFit Detox Tea
How to make it:
- Add the peach nectar into a pitcher
- Pour in 5 servings of brewed SkinnyFit Detox. *Note: 1 tea bag is brewed into 8 oz. water. To make it kid-friendly, you can opt to omit the tea and put water and more juice instead.
- Add lemon juice and ice. Stir well.
- Garnish with fresh peaches and mint leaves
Pro Tip: add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in the hot water before steeping the tea. A little baking soda makes a world of difference in a pitcher of freshly brewed sweet tea by cutting the acidity and giving it a smoother taste!
Recipes Get Healthy