How To Make A Perfect Vegan Chai Latte At Home
Written by: SkinnyFit - Jan. 14, 2019
Remember when Oprah had her own chai tea latte blend at Starbucks? Well, so do we, and boy did we love it—which is why we were so disappointed when they took it off the menu and we had to say goodbye to it! So, to help us recover from the loss, we set out on a mission to create our very own homemade chai latte! Now, not to brag, but what we’ve created is not only delicious for an at-home recipe, but it’s actually VEGAN! Yes, you read that correctly—a vegan chai latte!
You are going to love this vegan chai latte recipe because it’s so easy to make and will save you time and money because once you try it, you’ll be able to skip Starbucks drive-through line every day! (But shh, don’t tell them we told you!)
Vegan Chai Latte Health Benefits
This homemade chai latte is so fragrant and cozy you’ll feel like you have the entire season of autumn in the palm of your hands! And to make this recipe even better, we’ve blended it with SkinnyFit ZzzTox to add some seriously AMAZING health benefits.
Drinking this latte toward the end the day (when you want to unwind and relax) will put your stress from the day to rest. ZzzTox fights off stress-related weight gain and calms bloating helping you wake up feeling lean and rested. When combined with the sweet and spicy aromas of chai tea, you can count on the ultimate relaxation session right at home!
Chai tea is packed with ingredients that have been shown to have some great health benefits, too! Cinnamon and black tea have both been shown to help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and cinnamon helps aid in digestion.
We’ve also added maple syrup to this vegan chai latte recipe to help you get a TON of antioxidants. Believe it or not, pure maple syrup contains up to 24 different antioxidants (woah!) and is a great alternative to some not-so-good-for-you sweeteners like the refined sugars and corn syrups that many coffee chains use in their chai lattes.
A Homemade Chai Latte Is Easy To Make!
I know some of you might be a little intimidated just thinking about learning how to make a chai tea latte at home, but not to worry, this recipe isn’t complicated at all! So no matter if you’re a wiz in the kitchen or just a beginner, this recipe is quick and easy! Best of all? Most of these ingredients are ones you probably have at home already! Saving you a trip to the market too!
So, here’s how to make a chai tea latte with SkinnyFit ZzzTox!
How To Make A Chai Tea Latte (Vegan-Friendly)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tea-bags of SkinnyFit ZzzTox
- 2 tea-bags of chai tea
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- coconut whipped cream, as topping
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the almond milk until it begins to simmer, then immediately remove from heat.
- Add the 2 ZzzTox bags and the 2 chai tea bags and leave it to steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags, then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness or spice to your liking, then pop it back over low heat for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds, until frothy, then transfer to mugs.
- Serve warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and enjoy!