This Mulled Wine Detox Recipe Will Warm Your Heart and Flatten Your Belly
This mulled wine detox recipe is a winter MUST have! When the temperature drops, this is the best drink to grab because not only is it packed with nutrients, it’s also great festive drink for entertaining. Plus, it’s so easy to make.
They say a cup of wine can be good for you, and this is because red wine is a great source of antioxidants and is thought to help lower bad cholesterol levels. The resveratrol in red wine is also thought to help rejuvenate cells and slow the ageing process. Hey, any excuse to drink wine is a good one, right? But if you want a non-alcoholic mulled wine, you can also make it with natural red grape juice and still get the antioxidant benefits!
This mulled wine is made with oranges which give you a boost of Vitamin C! This version is also made with SkinnyFit Detox which helps fight bloating and boost metabolism!
Makes 4 servings
What You Need:
- 4 cups of sugarfree red grape juice or red wine if you want an alcoholic version
- 4 bags SkinnyFit Detox
- 2 strips orange rind
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
How to Make this Mulled Wine Detox:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes (do not boil).
- Cool and refrigerate about 1 hour or until cold (keeping solids to infuse)
- Strain mixture into large jug and discard solids. Add orange slices cinnamon sticks to garnish.
- If you like it cold, serve over ice. Enjoy!